Who Are Costa Coffee?
Costa coffee is a global coffee chain, founded by Sergio and Bruno in 1971. The brand started its first coffee shop at Vauxhall Bridge Road. From there, they became one of the best coffee brands worldwide. With 112 variations of coffee, the Mocha Italia became their signature blend.
The Mocha Italia uses two different coffee beans: Robusta and Arabica. The coffee is then roasted for about 18 minutes to give the coffee the right amount of flavor, aroma, and taste. Another amazing factor with Costa is that you can recreate or blend the coffee at home.
In this article, we will talk about why people like Costa, how to recreate it, give an in-depth review of a coffee maker that can use the Costa blend, and the three best coffee blends that mimic Costa.
Why Do Some People Love Costa Coffee?
Costa coffee has several benefits:
- They handcraft their coffee to perfection. For example, if the customer wants extra flavor, Costa puts in more chocolate flavor in the customer’s coffee.
- They are passionate about making great-tasting coffee
- They take their customer’s orders seriously and promise to give their customers the best coffee
- In their coffees, they add caramel and almond to make the coffee more flavorful
- Costa is rated as one of the best coffee shops/brands in the UK
- They also roast their coffee thoroughly so customers will be satisfied with their drink
Among other reasons. With these awesome factors, Costa is one of the best brands and shops for coffee. With that being said, we want to introduce you to how you can recreate Costa coffee at your home. We will first give you instructions on how to recreate their signature drink (the Mocha Italia) and another one that you can recreate.
How To Recreate a Costa Coffee Beverage At Home
If you want to recreate the Mocha Italia, here is a simple recipe that you can use:
Mocha Italia: Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 ounces Amaretto (a type of liqueur)
- 6 ounces Hot Coffee
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Cocoa Mix
- Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings (both will be used as garnish)
- Stir the hot cocoa mix in the hot coffee. Stir until it is dissolved.
- From there, add the Amaretto and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (if you want). This recipe makes 1 drink.
There you go, you made Costa’s signature beverage. If you don’t want to make this beverage and want to try some other recipe from Costa, there is one more for you to try:
Chocolate Orange Latte: Ingredients:
- Any milk you want
- Dark Chocolate
- Using either a coffee machine, a Moka pot, instant coffee, or pod machine, you need to first prepare the espresso. You can prepare the espresso however you like
- Pour a small amount of honey and chocolate into the bottom of your glass. Then pour the espresso on top of the honey and cinnamon.
- Stir the drink until it is melted.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a piece of orange peel off. This will be used as a garnish.
- Heat 200ml of the milk then add about two teaspoons of orange juice to it.
- Drizzle honey on the inside of the glass
- From there, you need to pour the steamed milk and orange into your glass.
- Pour the espresso milk and honey into the glass
- Add a light coating of cinnamon to your drink
- Last but not least, add your orange peel on the top of your drink.
There are other recipes if you want to recreate other coffee beverages from Costa. If you don’t feel like making any of these two recipes, then you are in luck! On Amazon, there are imitations that sell coffee beans that almost taste like Costa and can be used to make a simple cup of coffee. However, to make a cup of these types of coffee, you need the right coffee machine.
This is where we will tell you about the Bosch Tassimo Machine!
The Bosch Tassimo Machine
The Bosch Tassimo is the perfect choice for any coffee lovers. It can brew 40 different coffee brands (one of them being Costa) and comes with bar code technology. The color of the machine is black and is coated with chrome finishing. Read more to find out the pros and cons of this machine.
- You can brew 40 different coffee brands. Besides Costa, you can also brew Kenco, Carte Noir, Oreo, and even Twinings tea!
- You can test out a variety of flavors with the built-in filtration technology.
- With the bar code technology, you can enjoy a hot beverage every time. It also tells you what drink you have selected.
- You can make multiple cups with the Bosch Tassimo Machine.
- It also comes with a 1.4 L water tank which is good since you don’t have to constantly make more coffee
- The machine can have a faulty locking mechanism
- Water sometimes leaks from the water reservoir
- They can easily break if you are not careful with it.
If you want to brew a cup of Costa coffee or any of the other popular brands, then it is a great idea to buy this coffee machine. It also has helpful technology and can hold multiple cups.
Now that we talked about the coffee machine, let us go over three of the best imitation Tassimo coffees you can buy!
Three Of The Best Coffee Brands
Tassimo Costa Americano
Tassimo’s coffee blend is guaranteed to give you the same taste as Costa Americano coffee. The blend is also well-crafted.
- It tastes like Costa’s Americano coffee
- It is rich and smooth
- The coffee comes in a layer of cream
- Sometimes the coffee can arrive in a damaged state
- It isn’t as strong as espresso
- It can flood your coffee maker
This coffee is a good option if you like Costa’s Americano coffee.
Tassimo Costa Cappuccino
If you love cappuccino, then we suggest trying Tassimo Costa Cappuccino. It comes in five packs and a total of 80 discs. It also makes a lot of servings, about 40 in total.
- The cappuccino is topped with frothy velvet milk
- It is perfect for breakfast/morning
- The cappuccino has less sugar compared to other coffee brands
- The discs tend to jam the brewer
- The milk taste can be overpowering for some people
- It could make a mess on your coffee maker
If you want a cappuccino beverage to wake you up in the morning, then it is good to try out this brand.
Tassimo Costa Latte
Unlike the other two, the Tassimo Costa Latte reduces the filtered milk using sugar. Other than this benefit, the latte is topped with a silky smooth taste and foam.
- It is the best alternative for the cappuccino
- The latte always comes out hot and smooth
- It brews both the milk and the coffee
- It has less sugar compared to other coffee brands, however, you could always put sugar in it.
- Be careful with the cream pods, they tend to explode sometimes.
- The milk discs can be jammed into the brewer
If you want less milk in your coffee or want your milk to be brewed, then we recommend this type of coffee.
Why Are These Coffees A Good Combination To Emulate Costa?
All three coffee brands are from Tassimo, but they are good imitations of Costa. All three types of coffee give you the authentic taste of what Costa’s coffee is and the best part, you can brew all three of these types at your house without having to go to Costa!